Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 20th Hauncavelica



















I feel tired.  No... wiped.  Today started at 3700m, went to maybe 4000 and back.  It also started at 6 am, went till a siesta at 4:30 and then dinner from 7 to 9:30 all of it on our feet.  Holy moly.  The combo of lack of sleep, altitude & dehydration kicked our butts.  Big time.  Bethany may have died, but she feels much better now.  Huancavelica is a cute little town off the beaten path, safe, freindly and small- worth the visit.

Bethany thinks I make too many lists.  Already I have discovered that keeping a count of photos taken is more effort that it is worth.  I am going snap happy here.  But we did see a lot of potatoes and a few llamas (strangely both of which she took the pictures of).

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a wonderful time!! I really want to go to South America sometime ... =D! For now, I shall live vicariously through you two!

    ReplyDelete